It is important to have a thorough and independent building inspection carried out, at least six (6) months prior to the expiry of the Home Warranty provisions in your state, associated when building work is carried out by licensed builders.
Only use properly and appropriately licensed builders for this protection and peace of mind.
A pre-exit Home Warranty Inspection, which we can organise, will thoroughly carry out a visual inspection of the works that were carried out by your licensed builder, based on the drawings and specifications which ideally you should have available at the time of inspection.
Armed with this report, should there be defective work or problems that have emerged, you are then in a position to quickly take these matters up with the builder and have them properly rectified. If the builder refuses, procrastinates or has disappeared, you then have independent and properly documented information to take up with the appropriate builders licensing authority in your state.
A summary of the warranty period around Australia is below:
- ACT: 6 years. Administered by ACT Planning and Land Authority - TEL: (02) 6207 1923
- NSW: 6 years. Administered by Office of Fair Trading - TEL: 13 32 20
- NT: 10 years. Administered by Department of Business, Industry and Resource Development - TEL: 1800 193 111
- QLD: 6.5 years. Administered by Building Services Authority - TEL: 1300 272 272
- SA: 5 years. Administered by Office of Consumer and Business Affairs - TEL: 08 8204 9777
- TAS: 10 years. Administered by Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading - TEL: 1300 654 499
- VIC: 6 years. Administered by Building Commission of Victoria - TEL: 1300 360 320
- WA: 6 years. Administered by Builders Registration Board - TEL: (08) 9476 1200
To get an obligation free quote on Advice and Inspections, call us on 1300 884 876 or complete the Inspection Quote Request online.