Contract Works, Liability, Plant + Equipment Insurance
This range of insurance protection is vital for builders, if not mandatory, as well as providing peace of mind.
As with builders where you pay for what you get, from a range of quality of workmanship and reliability available, the same applies for insurance policies and protection. The quality of the protection needs to be looked at equally carefully as the price of the premium.
Our Insurance Service Provider offers builders a quality, if not superior, product at a competitive price for insurance needs associated with residential, commercial and light industrial projects.
Some of these superior benefits and protection include:
- Free, Australia wide, automatic 'tools and equipment' cover with a generous $20,000 allowance
- In-built insurance protection also in the one policy, for the financiers, principals (the clients) and sub-contractors associated with project or projects that you are building
- This insurance cover continues for 12 months after completion to protect you during your Maintenance and Product Liability Period
- For projects up to $2 million dollars, a low excess of $1,000 per claim
- For builders who take their Home Warranty Insurance needs through us, a discount will apply on this policy
There are 'two' ways that you can organise builders Contract Works, Liability, Plant and Equipment Insurance, either as:
1. An "Annual Construction Insurance" policy
This insurance provides protection for builders with a turnover of up to $10m, and any single contract up to $5m, for all your projects throughout a 12 month period. An initial premium is paid on taking out this insurance, based on your estimated turnover, and an adjustment is made either up or down based on the turnover actually carried out for those 12 months.
2. Project "Specific" Cover policy
This insurance provides protection for builder's for each individual project.